Hello Your Fit Day readers!
This is Jos and I’d like to thank Debby for having me doing a guest post on her blog.
I’m sure you’re all still remember her delicious Low Carb Melt-In-Your-Mouth Lemon ‘Chiffon’ Poppy Seed Cake? If you haven’t made it yet, go shop for the ingredients and make them pronto!
When Debby shared her recipe to me, I couldn’t wait to try them out and it has become one of my staple low carb treats whenever I need a sweet-tooth fix. FYI, in general, I am not a sweet tooth person but once in a while, that thing kicks in.
I enjoyed her Low Carb Melt-In-Your-Mouth Lemon ‘Chiffon’ Poppy Seed Cake (in these photos, I made them in muffin tins). When she posted her recipe, she told me that the cake will go very well with my Lemon Curd, which I posted on my blog here.
Since her recipe yields extra 2 egg yolks, I am thinking instead of having you figuring out how to scale down my original Lemon Curd recipe, might as well I do it for you, right?
Anyway let’s proceed with the recipe, shall we?
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon erythritol
- ½ tsp liquid SweetLeaf Vanilla Stevia
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice (if you like it tart)
- 1 tsp liquid lemon extract
- ½ tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and heat on a double boiler on medium heat. Stir constantly. If you don't have a double boiler like me, you could place the bowl on top of a sauce pan filled with water. Just make sure the bowl isn't touching the water.
- Mix until the mixture thickens but be careful not getting it too hot or you'll end up with scramble egg yolks. (usually takes about 7 minutes at least).
- Once the mixture thickens, remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Cover the curd with plastic wrap directly to prevent skin forming. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Enjoy with Debby's Low Carb Melt-In-Your-Mouth Lemon ‘Chiffon’ Poppy Seed Cake!
So, what are you still waiting for?